It’s American Idol time again, and you know what that means! We can really get started now that the Human Turd is gone! This week has something to do with duets. Whether they will be singing with each other, or with other singers is beyond me, I guess we shall find out. Jamie Fox is our mentor this week. Well I guess they will be singing together, which will be interesting to find out how the voting works.
Well, I am confused, because Lee Dewyze was the first one out, singing “Kissed by a Rose” with…no one. I thought this was duets…I don’t know whatever. Anyways, a great song to sing, not as great as last week, but still fun song. 4/5
- Randy said he did nothing with the song, and was just OK.
- Ellen loved it
- Kara said it was one of the most difficult songs to sing, and having the arrangement the way it was, there was issues, but can’t take away from the fact that he is still great.
- Simon said he was Randy with this.
- Randy didn’t love this either
- Ellen said it was predictable
- Kara said she didn’t feel that from him, and wanted more.
- Simon couldn’t understand how the song was connected to a movie about a whale with the name “Willy”
Lee and Crystal sang one of my all-time songs sung in a movie, “Falling Slowly” from Once. They pretty much stayed true to the original, the duet part was a tad different then the film, but still pretty darn good, 5/5.
- Randy – said it was a great song, and loved it.
- Ellen said it was great
- Kara said it was one of her favorite moments of the entire season
- Simon said it was a fantastic song.
Casey James was next with “Mrs. Robinson.” A song I’ve never heard before. I am not so sure what I think about this one…I don’t think it’s anything special. I’m going to give him a low score for this one 3.5/5
- Randy said it was just a cool laid back version of the song, and he wasn’t going anywhere with it.
- Ellen liked how he changed it up.
- Kara said it was a good choice
- Simon didn’t think the song or performance had the substance needed.
- Ellen said she took the song and made it better.
- Kara completely agreed with Ellen
- Simon said after the performance, she is back in the game.
Casey James and Big Mike sang a duet next with “Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman”. Yet another song I’ve never heard, either that, or only heard it once when I was really young, and just forgot I’ve ever heard it. Regardless, the song for me was just okay. 4/5
- Randy said it was really great.
- Ellen said as a matter of fact, she really has loved a woman
- Kara the duets tonight were incredible.
- Simon said it was done really well, and they deserve Jamie Fox’s shirts.