Wow. Tonight was really long. Two full hours, and lots of singing. Plus, we unfortunatley get to see both David’s without their pants on, but that comes later. This, is American Idol!
Tonight, there was a ton of votes. In fact, 97.5 million votes! That is a lot of teens texting! The show starts off with this year’s top 12 singing, “Get Ready.” You know, it was nice to see all those familiar faces that have left us weeks ago. For some though, I didn’t care to see, but I’m not going to name any of them, (Michael Johns, David Hernandez.) After that, the top 2 sang “Hero.” I remember this song best from the Spider-man soundtrack.
They then did a funny skit with Mike Myers as the Love Guru. Yes it was shameless promotion, but it was entertaining as well.
Then about 10 Zillion songs were sung, I’ll make a quick summary:
- Syesha and Seal sang “Waiting for You.”
- Jason Castro sang one of his best performances on the show, “Hallelujah”
- Idol Music video “Let the Good Times Roll” Mostly bloopers from previous music vids.
- Top 5 girls sing, “She Works Hard for Her Money” Donna Summer joins in on the party.
- Carly Smithson and Michael Johns sing, “The Letter.”
- Jimmy Kimmel does another comedic stand up routine.
- Top 6 guys then sing, and Brian Adams takes the stage as well.
- David Cook sings with ZZ.
- Brook White sings with Graham Nash.
- Jonas Brothers sing, “SOS”
- Our favorite Idol failure Renaldo comes out and sings “I am your brother, best friend forever!” LOL.
- One Republic sings “Apologize.” David Cook comes in to sing with.
- Jordan Sparks sings something.
- Carrie Underwood sings, “Last Name.”
- Last but not least, the top 12 sing one last time before the results.
In between, there were also two commercials, both featuring David Cook, and David Archuleta doing the same thing, playing guitar hero with no pants. It is a copy of the famous scene of Tom Cruise dancing around in his underwear. Oh well, I still think its something I didn’t need to see.
Finally, the moment I have been waiting for all day. The winner of American Idol 2008 is…..David……..Cook!
It was interesting episode tonight. Though I think it was dragged out a bit too long. Peace Out!